If you have recently been injured in a car accident, talking to a San Antonio car accident attorney should be high on your list of priorities. At the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo, we work with clients who have suffered auto accident injuries caused by the negligent actions of another party. We understand your fears and your concerns, and we are here to help.
Why do Clients Choose our San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers?
- We have the knowledge, experience, and skill needed to take on insurance companies and other opponents.
- Our clients pay nothing out-of-pocket. You do not pay unless we recover your damages.
- We believe our clients always come first. This means you focus on recovering. We will handle the rest.
- We offer free case consultations for car crash victims throughout Texas.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a car collision, contact our San Antonio car accident lawyer at (210) 922-2200 today!
How the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo Can Help You After a Car Accident in San Antonio
When you retain our law firm, we do all of the legwork so you can focus on spending time with your family and recovering from your injuries. From filing insurance paperwork and negotiating with claims adjustors to obtaining medical records and looking out for your best interests, you can leave all the labor and details to our San Antonio injury attorneys.
Our team can answer questions you may be asking at this time, such as:
- Am I entitled to compensation?
- What will my compensation cover?
- Should I accept the payout offered by my insurance company?
- Do I need to obtain a police report from the car accident?
- How long do I have to pursue compensation after my accident?
What to Do After a Car Accident
In our years of experience handling car accident claims in San Antonio, we have come to recognize the importance of victims taking the correct steps from the very beginning. Common mistakes too often interfere with victims’ abilities to bring claims against negligent and at-fault parties. Do all you can – with help from a car accident attorney – to avoid common errors and strengthen your personal injury case after an accident.
- Protect yourself. Safeguard your physical health by going to a hospital immediately after a car accident. Protect your legal rights by swapping information with the other driver and calling the police from the scene of the crash.
- Report the crash. You lawfully must report a car accident to the police in Texas if anyone has any injuries, if someone died or if the crash caused more than $1,000 in property damages. Tell your version of events to the police when they arrive, but do not admit fault.
- Call a car accident lawyer. Hiring an attorney can come with many advantages of having someone on your side. Your lawyer can walk you through the steps of filing an injury claim, such as doing so within two years of your car accident.
Try to stay calm and remember help is available after a car accident in San Antonio. Unlike the other driver, an insurance company or even the police, a lawyer will be on your side. A San Antonio car accident attorney from the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo can assist you with the claims process in Texas. We can help you understand exactly what to do after your auto accident.
In a motor vehicle accident claim, liability refers to someone’s legal responsibility for the car accident. The liable party will be the one that has to pay for everyone else’s medical bills and property repairs. Texas is a fault state, meaning the driver at fault for causing the car accident will generally be liable for damages. Determining fault, however, is not always easy. If the other driver is denying fault, a lawyer from our firm may have to step in to help you get to the bottom of your case.
The other driver could be liable for your accident if he or she caused it through negligence, intent to harm or recklessness. If the other driver was intoxicated, drowsy, speeding, texting and driving, distracted, not paying attention, tailgating, making an unsafe lane change or otherwise breaking a roadway rule at the time of the collision, he or she could be liable.
Not all San Antonio car accidents point to another driver’s fault. Two or more parties could share fault for your accident, or one party could owe both you and the other driver compensation. Even if you were in a single-vehicle crash, a party such as a roadway maintenance crew or vehicle manufacturer could be liable. Work with our personal injury attorneys to identify all the parties that may have contributed to your recent accident.
Recovering Compensation for Your Accident
At the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo, one of our main goals when we accept new car accident clients is to give them back their lives. While we know we cannot reverse serious injuries, we can help clients fight for the financial recovery they need to regain some quality of life. We can negotiate for the compensation award you need to move forward.
- Surgeries, medications and other health care costs
- Current emotional, mental or psychological trauma
- Future foreseeable pain and suffering
- Missed income from time off work
- The price to repair or replace your vehicle
- Loss of consortium after a loved one’s death
- Legal fees and court costs
A judge in San Antonio may also grant an additional recovery award, called punitive damages, in car accident cases involving another party’s gross negligence, wanton disregard for the safety of others or intentional maliciousness. The full value of your car accident claim will depend on many factors, including the seriousness of your injuries and the skill of your negotiator. Hire a San Antonio car accident lawyer from our firm to improve your odds of securing fair and just financial compensation.
Over 20 Years of Experience.
If you or someone in your family has been injured, get in touch with our San Antonio car accident attorneys. A San Antonio trial lawyer from the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo is here to help you and to provide the attentive care you deserve at this time. We invite you to schedule a free case consultation with us. Simply call our office at (210) 922-2200.