An insurance claim is typically necessary to recover financial compensation for an automobile accident in Texas. Under the state’s fault-based insurance law, the insurance company of the at-fault driver is responsible for paying for medical bills and property repairs. If the insurance company that you wish to use for car accident coverage is Allstate, here is the information that you need to file a claim.
How Can I Prepare To File A Car Accident Claim?
While it is important to file your claim with Allstate as soon as possible, you must first gather key information about the car accident. The agent you speak to or the virtual claims filing process will ask questions about the collision. Before you file, collect the following information:
- Location of the car accident
- Exact time and date of the crash
- Weather and road conditions at the crash site
- Police report number
- The names of any police officers who responded to the crash
- Contact information for anyone involved in the accident
- Information about each vehicle involved (VIN and insurance)
- Photographs of the crash scene and vehicle damage
- A description of what happened
The more information you have about the car accident, the easier the claims process will be. If you need assistance collecting information and evidence about a crash, contact an attorney in San Antonio. An attorney can help you with every step of an Allstate Insurance claim, including a crash investigation.
3 Ways to File a Claim With Allstate
Allstate insurance requires policyholders to report accidents promptly, or as soon as possible. Reporting the accident does not mean filing a claim. You have more time to file a claim, although doing so promptly can lead to a smoother claims process. The longer you wait to file a claim, the more difficult it will be for Allstate to investigate. Take the following steps to file with Allstate:
- Call 1-800-ALLSTATE (1-800-255-7828). Call this number anytime, 24/7, to get in touch with an Allstate insurance representative and file a claim. You can use this number to report a car accident and file a claim whether or not you are a policyholder. You may wish to view the Allstate claims FAQ page beforehand to prepare for your conversation.
- File a claim online. Allstate customers can file auto accident claims via My Account on the carrier’s website. You will need to register an account or log into a pre-existing account, then follow the steps for filing a claim.
- Download the Allstate app. The Allstate mobile app allows you to easily file a claim and upload photographs and documentation directly from your phone. It also comes with tools such as 24/7 roadside assistance and digital insurance ID cards.
Once you file a claim, Allstate will give you a claim number so that you can track its progress. Then, Allstate will investigate the car accident and may contact you to ask further questions. The claim investigation and damage assessment processes may take several weeks, depending on the circumstances. If Allstate approves your claim, you will receive a settlement offer. If not, you may have the right to take your car accident case to trial in Texas instead.
Contact an Attorney for Allstate Claims Assistance
Contrary to its slogan, you are not always “in good hands with Allstate.” It is a for-profit organization that will do its best to reduce your payout as a claimant, even if you are the policyholder. The most effective way to protect your rights is by hiring a San Antonio car accident lawyer. A lawyer can represent your best interests through all phases of an Allstate Insurance claim. Your lawyer will deal with the claims process, confusing paperwork, and settlement negotiations on your behalf for the best possible results.
To learn more about the Allstate car insurance claims process, contact The Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo at (210) 418-1173.