A ridesharing accident can lead to expensive medical bills, significant personal injuries, and lost wages from missed time at your job. At the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo, we do not believe you should have to pay for damages someone else causes. As an Uber or Lyft passenger, you should not be responsible for your losses after a collision. Call (210) 922-2200 to speak to a San Antonio ridesharing accident attorney about a potential personal injury claim in San Antonio. Initial consultations are always free and at no obligation to hire our firm.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo?
- Our lawyers started their practice out of a passion for helping others. At its heart, our law firm is about helping accident victims move forward after major accidents.
- Our law firm has a proven track record of success. Our clients have received over $150 million in settlements and verdicts with our help over the years.
- Our attorneys work on a contingency fee agreement. They do not charge a penny for services until they secure a financial award for the client.
When to Call an Attorney
Recovering compensation after a ridesharing accident may require you filing a claim with Uber or Lyft’s insurance company. You may also have to deal with the individual driver’s insurance provider. Handling claim negotiations on your own may lead to accepting a settlement amount that is far less than you require. Instead, trust a San Antonio trial attorney to deal with negotiations on your behalf. A San Antonio ridesharing accident lawyer will fight for better compensation for your economic and noneconomic damages than you can likely secure on your own.
Understanding Rideshare Accident Liability
Liability is more complex in ridesharing accident claims compared to typical car accidents. Instead of the case only involving individual drivers, it will also incorporate the rideshare company and its unique insurance policy. Both Uber and Lyft carry $1 million insurance policies to cover injured drivers and/or passengers. Coverage amounts differ according to the stage of the ride.
- When driver mode is off. If an Uber or Lyft driver does not have the app turned on, the driver’s individual insurance policy will cover accident-related damages.
- Driver mode is on, but the driver has not accepted a ride. Uber and Lyft provide contingent liability coverage, meaning their policies will only apply if the driver’s personal insurance is not enough.
- Passenger accepts a ride. From ride acceptance to the end of the ride, Uber and Lyft provide primary liability insurance. This coverage is up to $1 million per accident.
Understanding if and when Uber or Lyft’s insurance policies will cover your damages may take a conversation with a company representative. Unfortunately, ridesharing companies are notorious for trying to avoid liability for accidents involving their drivers. It may be difficult to obtain the recovery you need, which is why it’s important to seek advice from an Uber accident lawyer.
What to Do After a Ridesharing Accident in San Antonio
After an accident while riding in an Uber or Lyft in San Antonio, remain on the scene and call the police. The police can write an official report of what happened, as well as help you identify the at-fault party. The ridesharing driver may call the police for you. Request an ambulance if you have serious injuries. Otherwise, seek medical care from a doctor’s office immediately following the crash. Keep record of your medical care and treatments. Then, report your accident to Uber or Lyft through the app or the customer service phone number provided. Next, contact a San Antonio rideshare accident lawyer. A San Antonio car accident lawyer will help you work through the complex legalities of your claim in the pursuit of financial compensation.
Call a Lyft Accident Lawyer in San Antonio Today
At the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo, we understand how difficult navigating a ridesharing accident claim can be for victims. You are not in this alone. Contact our lawyers today for a free case review. We may be able to help you obtain compensation.