A bus accident can severely injure dozens of people at once. A bus collision can be catastrophic. As an individual, even an incident as seemingly minor as a slip and fall could cause significant pain and injury. If you experienced any type of bus accident in San Antonio, we can help. Contact a San Antonio bus accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo to discuss your legal rights. One or more parties could owe you financial compensation under the stipulations of Texas civil law.
What Makes Us Unique?
- We have a 95% success rate.
- We do not charge anything unless we win.
- We have recovered more than $150 million for clients.
- We have a family legacy in San Antonio that spans 75 years.
- We are passionate about defending the rights of injured accident victims.
Why Do You Need a San Antonio Bus Accident Attorney?
Bus accidents involve complex questions of liability. Instead of a typical car accident, which involves two drivers, a bus accident can involve a bus company, the city, a bus driver, a third-party driver, and other entities. Hiring a San Antonio bus accident lawyer can enable you to sort through the complicated elements of your unique claim. Your bus accident attorney can take over the claims process while you concentrate on physical recovery. A personal injury attorney from our law office is available 24/7 to answer your questions or concerns.
What Causes Bus Accidents in Texas?
Determining what caused your recent accident is one of the first steps of the legal process. You or your attorney will need to investigate the crash, identify its cause, and name the correct defendant(s). Only then may you bring a civil claim in pursuit of damages. Many different factors may have contributed to your accident and injuries.
- Bus driver negligence
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Poor bus maintenance
- Vehicle part malfunction
- Negligent third-party drivers
If you believe another person, company, or party caused your bus accident, speak to a San Antonio bus accident attorney. A personal injury lawyer will know how to investigate the scene of the accident and gather any available evidence of negligence. Your attorney will fight for fair compensation on your behalf.
Who Is Liable?
Liability refers to legal responsibility for damages. Since Texas is an at-fault insurance state, most auto accidents come down to the at-fault driver’s liability. In a bus accident, however, liability may not be so easy to define. The answer will depend on the type of bus you were riding in, the bus company, and the cause of your injuries.
- A private bus company. This might be the case if you were on a party bus, tour bus, charter bus, or another privately owned vessel.
- The city. The city could be liable for a bus accident involving a city bus or public school bus. If the crash involved a private school bus, the individual school might be liable.
- A driver. The bus company or employer will be liable for the actions of an on-duty bus driver. If a private party such as another vehicle or motorcycle driver caused the crash, however, he or she may bear individual responsibility.
- A product manufacturer. Accidents that stem from defective bus parts may come down to product manufacturer or distributor liability.
Many bus accident claims involve more than one defendant sharing responsibility for a plaintiff’s damages. Identifying the correct defendant may take help from an experienced San Antonio bus accident lawyer. One or more people could owe you compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Talk to a Bus Accident Lawyer in San Antonio Today
Learn the potential value of your bus accident case during a free consultation with an attorney in Texas. At the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo, we care about our clients. We want to help you seek justice for your financial, physical, and emotional losses. Start your case with a free review at our local law office. Contact us online or at (210) 922-2200.