Insurance companies have a legal duty to respond in good faith to insurance claims. They owe express and implied duties to the insured to provide reasonable coverage according to the parameters of the policy. Insurance bad faith refers to the insurance provider improperly handling or dismissing a claim in bad faith. If you believe you have been the victim of insurance bad faith, contact our San Antonio bad faith insurance lawyers for a free consultation. We may be able to help you fight for fair compensation.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo?
- We have decades of experience in personal injury law, including many successful insurance bad faith lawsuits. We have a success rate of 95%.
- We truly care about what happens to clients. We will go up against major insurance companies in the pursuit of justice and fair case resolutions.
- We want to ensure our services are available to everyone. We charge $0 up front. You will only have to pay for our services if we win.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer?
Insurance bad faith means the insurance company that should be paying your recovery award is denying or otherwise interfering with your claim. It most likely will not resolve the issue to your best advantage unless you have a San Antonio bad faith insurance attorney to intervene. An attorney can balance the scales between you and an insurance company. A lawyer can force the provider to take your claim seriously, recant bad faith decisions, and settle your claim for a fair amount. Otherwise, your attorney can take your case to court in San Antonio.
Signs of Insurance Bad Faith
Insurance bad faith can begin as soon as you file your claim, or it may come unexpectedly right when you thought you were about to agree to a settlement. If your claim is taking months to settle, if the company is giving you the run around when you ask for updates, or if you otherwise feel like the insurance company is keeping you in the dark, you could be the victim of insurance bad faith.
- Failure to acknowledge notification of a claim
- Requesting a burdensome amount of documentation
- Failure to conduct a prompt and thorough investigation
- Intentionally withholding information
- Claim denial without a reason
- Reasons for denial that do not apply to your case
- Attempts to offer less than a fair and reasonable amount
- Attempts to deny a claim based on an altered policy without notice
- Payout delays without cause
- Wrongful threats not to pay a claim
If you notice anything suspicious about how an insurance company is handling your claim, contact a San Antonio insurance bad faith insurance lawyer. A lawyer can listen to your story and let you know if it seems like the insurance company is in the wrong. Engaging in bad faith practices is unfortunately a common way for insurance companies to save money. Let a lawyer help you hold an insurer accountable.
When to Call a San Antonio Bad Faith Insurance Attorney
Do not try to go up against a bad faith insurance company alone. Since the insurance provider already engaged in bad faith practices with your original claim, the odds are low that it will treat your subsequent bad faith claim fairly. Instead, contact a San Antonio personal injury attorney. The day you call an attorney, the law firm can go to work on settling your case. It can take over communications with insurance claims adjusters on your behalf and begin collecting evidence, such as documents the insurer sent you. Your lawyer will force the insurance company to behave within the confines of the law.
Contact Us for a Free Case Review
Insurance bad faith can make an already difficult situation worse. Unfortunately, most insurance companies do not care about claimants. Instead, they care about their bottom lines. Retain an attorney to help you go up against bad faith insurance companies in San Antonio. The Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo are here for you. Call us at (210) 922-2200 for a free consultation, or request one through our online form.