Electric scooters, or e-scooters, have boomed in popularity in recent years thanks to rental dockless scooter companies. Bird, Lime, Lyft, Skip, and Spin are taking over cities with scooter-sharing apps and rentable e-scooters. Unfortunately, this has led to an increase in e-scooter accidents. An e-scooter accident could cause serious personal injuries to the rider. If you have suffered injuries in an e-scooter accident, pursue compensation with help from a San Antonio electric scooter accident attorney. Contact the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo for a free consultation.
Why Choose The Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo?
- We have a dedicated legal group committed to providing undivided attention and care to each individual client.
- We have the experience and resources you need for a strong e-scooter accident case. We have spent more than 20 years representing personal injury clients.
- We have proven results and are proud of our 95% case success rate. Our personal injury lawyers in San Antonio have obtained more than $150 million on behalf of clients.
- We only charge for our services if we win. If we do not secure compensation for your e-scooter case, we will not charge a penny for services rendered.
Reasons to Hire an Attorney
E-scooter accident claims involving Bird, Lime, or other scooter-sharing companies can be difficult to negotiate as a victim. Scooter-sharing companies may try to escape liability by blaming you, the rider, or another driver or party. This can make it difficult to obtain the recovery you need. Hiring a San Antonio electric scooter accident lawyer enables you to build a stronger claim against the defendant(s) in pursuit of compensation. Your lawyer will fight for fair recovery while you focus on healing.
Who Is Liable?
Liability refers to legal responsibility for an accident and victims’ damages. After an e-scooter accident that causes personal injuries, victims must identify the defendant to move forward with their civil lawsuits. The defendant will be the party or parties most responsible for causing the accident.
- The scooter company. If your accident stemmed from a malfunction with the e-scooter, such as unexpected braking, the company in charge of the scooter could be liable for defective parts.
- A driver. If a distracted or negligent driver struck you while you were riding an e-scooter, the individual driver could be liable for your damages. File a claim with the at-fault driver’s car insurance provider.
- The city. If a roadway defect such as a pothole or a poorly designed crosswalk contributed to your Bird or Lime scooter accident, the City of San Antonio could be liable.
The defendant in your particular e-scooter accident case will depend on the cause of the wreck. Your case could involve the liability of more than one party. Hiring a lawyer can mean professional investigators looking into your e-scooter accident. Your electric scooter accident attorney in San Antonio can help you discover who may be liable.
Damages Available for E-Scooter Accident Injuries
The goal of filing a civil claim after an e-scooter accident is twofold: to hold the at-fault party responsible and to recover compensation for your damages. The award you could receive depends on the extent and type of damages you suffered in the accident. Each case is unique. However, all share the same potential damage types.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income or earning capacity
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
- Property damages
- Punitive damages
At the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo, we have recovered more than $150 million in settlements and verdicts for past clients. Our lawyers know how to maximize compensation awards with aggressive claim litigation. Our master negotiators can help you achieve more for your e-scooter case.
Contact Us Today
Find out whether you have grounds for a case, and what a claim could be worth to your family, during a free consultation with one of our San Antonio electric scooter accident attorneys. Our lawyers will answer your call 24/7. We have experience handling e-scooter accident claims in San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worth, and other communities in Texas. Let us help you fight for fair and full compensation from the at-fault party. Start by calling (210) 922-2200 to request an initial case review.