Anesthesia errors can occur when an anesthesiologist negligently performs his or her job. This is a form of medical malpractice that can give an injured patient the right to file a civil claim in San Antonio. No patient should have to suffer in silence after medical malpractice. At the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo, we defend the rights of injured victims. Contact a San Antonio anesthesia error attorney to begin your claim to damages with a free case evaluation.
Why Choose Us?
- We are proud to have a proven record of positive case results. We successfully secure compensation in 95% of our cases and have obtained more than $150 million for our clients.
- We encourage you to contact our firm 24/7. We want to answer any questions or concerns you may have, day or night. You will always communicate with your San Antonio personal injury attorney, not a paralegal or associate.
- We want to ensure legal services are available to every medical malpractice victim. We represent clients on a contingency fee agreement, meaning you will only have to pay if we win. We never charge any fees upfront.
Do You Need an Attorney?
Going up against the individual or hospital that contributed to you or a loved one’s injuries can be difficult without help from a San Antonio anesthesia error lawyer. The medical practitioner’s insurance company may try to convince you to agree to a lowball settlement offer. Working with a San Antonio medical malpractice lawyer can ensure you do not accept less than your claim is worth. It can also allow you to focus on other things while your attorney takes care of complicated legal processes. A medical malpractice lawyer can optimize your odds of securing fair compensation for damages.
Types of Anesthesia Errors
An anesthesia error can refer to any mistake or misjudgment an anesthesiologist makes during the performance of his or her job duties. It is an anesthesiologist’s responsibility to take adequate care of a patient during surgical procedures, operations, or other treatments according to the standards of the industry. Any action or omission that falls outside of these standards, resulting in patient injury, is medical malpractice. Anesthesia errors can occur in many different ways.
- Failure to review the patient’s medical history or allergies
- Improper patient intubation
- Incorrect mix of anesthesia drugs
- Too much or not enough anesthesia
- Failure to monitor the patient during surgery
- Failure to notice signs of an emergency
- Lack of informed patient consent
Any of these mistakes could lead to significant or permanent personal injuries for the patient. If a reasonable and prudent anesthesiologist would not have committed the same acts under the same circumstances, the anesthesiologist may be guilty of malpractice. It is the victim’s burden of proof to show that the anesthesiologist is responsible for the damages in question, through a collection of evidence, information, and documentation supporting the claim. A San Antonio anesthesia error attorney can help with this burden of proof.
Common Injuries from Anesthesia Errors
Professional negligence can lead to severe, catastrophic, and permanent personal injuries to the patient. Any mistake related to anesthesia could be grounds for the patient to file a civil lawsuit, if the patient suffers injuries as a result.
- Anesthesia awareness
- Nerve injury
- Lack of oxygen to the brain
- Permanent brain damage
- Stroke or heart attack
- Respiratory problems
- Severe allergic reactions
- Mental confusion
- Wrongful death
Signs of anesthesia errors and medical malpractice could serve as proof during your civil lawsuit. You and your family could be eligible to recover the costs of your related medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages. If you lost a loved one a San Antonio wrongful death attorney can also help you recover compensation for your loss.
Contact a San Antonio Anesthesia Error Lawyer Today for a Free Consultation
Putting a patient under anesthesia is not an exact science. Unknown factors and risks exist every time a patient agrees to anesthetization. However, a patient does not accept the risk of the anesthesiologist being negligent. No matter what type of injury you or a loved one suffered during the course of medical treatment, consult with a San Antonio anesthesia error attorney about your rights. Contact our law offices today to schedule a free consultation in San Antonio.