Some of the most common causes of injuries suffered by many in San Antonio and across Texas are personal injuries resulting from car accidents. Considering the high likelihood for a car accident to result in a serious head, brain, neck, or back injury and more, cars and motor vehicles come equipped with safety devices such as seat belts and airbags to reduce the overall impact a crash may have on the body. While making sure that your vehicle is equipped with these safety features is important, in many cases you may have to go further in order to prevent injury. At the Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo, we put your safety first and our experienced lawyers have compiled a list of some of the ways that you can prevent harm while driving your car.
With over 20 years of experience, our San Antonio personal injury attorneys have seen numerous car accident claims and the myriad ways that something can go wrong on the road. Seeing the common injuries and their causes, we have noted some tried and true ways to avoid getting hurt.
Prevent a car accident injury by:
- Wear your seat belt every time you enter a car, no matter where you may be sitting.
- Check the condition of your car on a regular basis to ensure nothing goes wrong with the vehicle while you are driving.
- Never drive after consuming alcohol, even if you believe you are alright to get behind the wheel.
- Schedule an annual vision appointment and use eyeglasses if you have a hard time seeing.
- Remain at or under the posted speed limit unless your safety is compromised by doing so.
- Remove distractions behind the wheel. Stay off your cell phone, keep the radio low, and avoid eating while driving.
- Pay special attention when driving at night since more accidents occur after dark than during the day.
- Never rely on other people to follow the rules of the road and be sure to know how to react if they don’t.
- Keep your headlights on every time you drive to increase visibility and show other cars that you are coming.
- Always use your turn signals, especially when making the move to switch lanes.
No matter what, paying attention to the road and staying alert is the overall best way to prevent a serious car accident on the roads. With so many people injured in Texas, these brief steps can go a long way in preventing harm. If you happen to be involved in an accident, speak with a car accident lawyer in San Antonio as soon as possible. Our team can help you recover compensation for your injuries! Call us today!