Some of the most common causes of injuries suffered by many in San Antonio
and across Texas are
personal injuries resulting from
car accidents. Considering the high likelihood for a car accident to result in a serious
head, brain, neck, or back injury and more, cars and motor vehicles come
equipped with safety devices such as seatbelts and airbags to reduce the
overall impact a crash may have on the body. While making sure that your
vehicle is equipped with these safety features is important, in many cases
you may have to go further in order to prevent injury. At
Maloney & Campolo, we put your safety first and our experienced lawyers have compiled a
list of some of the ways that you can prevent harm while driving your car.
10 Ways to Prevent a Car Accident Injury
With over 20 years of experience, our attorneys have seen numerous car
accident claims and the myriad ways that something can go wrong on the
road. Seeing the common injuries and their causes, we have noted some
tried and true ways to avoid getting hurt.
Prevent a car accident injury by:
- Wear your seat belt every time you enter a car, no matter where you may
- Check the condition of your car on a regular basis to ensure nothing goes
wrong with the vehicle while you are driving.
- Never drive after consuming alcohol, even if you believe you are alright
to get behind the wheel.
- Schedule an annual vision appointment and use eyeglasses if you have a
hard time seeing.
- Remain at or under the posted speed limit unless your safety is compromised
by doing so.
- Remove distractions behind the wheel. Stay off your cell phone, keep the
radio low, and avoud eating while driving.
- Pay special attention when driving at night since more accidents occur
after dark than during the day.
- Never rely on other people to follow the rules of the road and be sure
to know how to react if they don’t.
- Keep your headlights on every time you drive to increase visibility and
show other cars that you are coming.
- Always use your turn signals, especially when making the move to switch lanes.
No matter what, paying attention to the road and staying alert is the overall
best way to prevent a serious car accident on the roads. With so many
people injured in San Antonio, these brief steps can go a long way in
preventing harm. If you happen to be involved in an accident,
speak with a car accident lawyer at Maloney & Campolo as soon as possible.
Our team can help you recover compensation for your injuries!